A new research presentation has come out that paints an interesting depiction of American society in the 21 century, research figures that honestly astounded me. Conducted by the Entertainment Software Association (ESA) and comprising of a voluntary poll of 4,000 individuals across the US, researchers found that approximately 65% of all adults inside the United States (+18 years of age) currently admit to playing video games on a regular basis. For those of you whom might be mathematically challenged, this figure equates to roughly 164 million individuals.
Honestly, as someone who hasn’t played a video game in maybe 8 years now, the figures are far greater than I ever would have guessed. But that’s not all, researchers also discovered ….
– 60% of the 164,000,000 in the study play video games exclusively on their smart phones of devices.
– 40% of admitted games use traditional game consoles at home.
– Roughly 65 million Americans own a gaming counsel device.
– The game industry generated $43.4 Billion Dollars inside the United States in the calendar year 2018 alone
– The Top 3 games nationwide in order were Call of Duty: Black Ops III, Red Dead Redemption II and NBA 2K19
– Surprisingly, men only 54% of all gamers are males – 46% are females
– According to female games, the top 3 most popular video games are Candy Crush, Assassin’s Creed and Tomb Raider
– According to males, the top 3 most popular video games were God of War, Madden NFL and Fortnite.
– The number of reported gamers in the US increased 20% in 2019 from 2018, up 85% since 2015
Download Full Research Paper: http://www.theesa.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/EssentialFacts.pdf8a7ab-essentialfacts